Solved - Groupware - avoid automatici update

FreeWebs is an Artica Feature that enables build websites or web userspaces.

Solved - Groupware - avoid automatici update

New postby meziane.bourasse » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:47 am

Hello,

I have activated Wordpress groupware on my Artica server (1.8.020419). Wordpress version supplied by artica is out-of-date. So I updated Wordpress to the newest Wordpress version. Unfortunafely, it seems that Artica checks if the version installed matches with the version known by Artica and, if not, reinstalls the version known by Artica.

This is painfull for me as I am using themes and templates which needs the last Wordpress version.

Do you know if there is any means to indicate to Artica to not do this automatic update or to overide the version known by Artica by another.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Last edited by meziane.bourasse on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meziane.bourasse

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Debian
Technical skills: A newbee

Re: Groupware - avoid automaticité update

New postby abolinhas » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi,
You must install Wordpress out of groupwares, Just create a new webserver in freeweb and install the wordpress manulay by uploading the wordpress instalation package to /var/www/your-server
Cumprimentos / Best Regards

André Bolinhas
Twitter: @abolinhas
abolinhas

Artica servers number: 4
Linux System: Ubuntu
Technical skills: A Linux System Administrator

Re: Groupware - avoid automaticité update

New postby meziane.bourasse » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot... So simple ! But why I didn't think this (I must be too much complicated) :o

Regards
meziane.bourasse

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Debian
Technical skills: A newbee

Re: Solved - Groupware - avoid automatici update

New postby abolinhas » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Yes I know that is more complicated, but if you use the automatic installation through groupware, this means that Artica will take care of your app including security measures, so if you upgrade the wordpress manually and Artica detect that this version is not match with the original provided by the groupware, Artica will reinstall it again. By other words it all you said

So I updated Wordpress to the newest Wordpress version. Unfortunafely, it seems that Artica checks if the version installed matches with the version known by Artica and, if not, reinstalls the version known by Artica.
Cumprimentos / Best Regards

André Bolinhas
Twitter: @abolinhas
abolinhas

Artica servers number: 4
Linux System: Ubuntu
Technical skills: A Linux System Administrator

Return to FreeWebs