SMTP User-Agent [CLOSED]

OpenEMM is a feature-rich web-based enterprise application for email marketing, newsletters and service mails (transaction mails and event or time triggered mails). OpenEMM offers a great user interface, sophisticated bounce management, link tracking, lots of graphical realtime statistics, a CMS module and a scripting feature to implement individual tasks.

Re: SMTP User-Agent [OPEN]

New postby Friend7 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:15 am

So the better way is to create a dedicated sendmail instance for OpenEMM.

Can it be done in a "Postfix environment"
Best Regards,
Friend7

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Debian
Technical skills: A newbee

New postby admin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:56 pm

admin
Site Admin

New postby Friend7 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 pm

maschoff wrote:
Why don't YOU add Postfix? This software is open source and you are free to modify it and adapt it to your own needs!

Great idea,
where in the source code is it placed?
Who is the programmer of the software?
Why is there no comment anywhere?

I can see /usr/sbin/sendmail is hard coded, which ist that sad.

grep -r /usr/sbin/sendmail *
c/tools/smctrl.c: argv[0] = (char *) "/usr/sbin/sendmail";
script/lib/config.sh: sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
script/process/bavd.py: pp = os.popen ('/usr/sbin/sendmail ' + to, 'w')

but how are the mails given to sendmail, thats what i miss. Maybe the pp = os.popen ('/usr/sbin/sendmail ' + to, 'w') do the trick. But i dont think so.

You better should search for term "sendmail" to find all dependencies. The two most important points to change for Postfix are:

1. Mail generation in xmlback (generate.c): This code generates sendmail spool files including (internal) IDs (containing customer_id and mailing_id) which are used by bounce management when reading conversational bounces from the sendmail log files to assign the bounces to the individual mail recipients.

2. Mail loop: The OpenEMM mail loop uses the senmail plugin concept (milter). However, it could be that Postfix's milter compatibility is good enough to cover this point.

maschoff OpenEMM Maintainer

Why need this queue file to be generated, couldnt it simply create the mail and give it to local smtp?!? I guess it is really dirty to create specific spool files and inject them to a directory.

But okay, i take a look at the code and maybe there is a way to change this.

Anyway, you should really tell the developers to add comments to your code.

source: http://forum.openemm.org/bugs-bug-fixes ... c1897.html
Best Regards,
Friend7

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Debian
Technical skills: A newbee

New postby admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:15 am

In order to provide quickly this feature and did not loosing time with OpenEMM dev team that not really motivated to investigate on Postfix, i have decided to install a dedicated sendmail instance for OpenEMM, this sendmail instance is only used to make OpenEMM happy with SendMail.

It designed to receive generated mails from openeMM and release them to a smarthost that you have predefined (local IP address or remote server) from the Artica Interface.

The SMTP User-Agent that you define in this topic subject is only the name of the software added on each mail header (X-mailer:) that mention the source email client eg Thunderbird or Outlook or Outlook Express.
Some anti-spam content filters use this header to scoring the message.
So you can say that OpenEMM is an Outlook client by set "Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0"

This SendMail instance can be used in combination with postfix on the same computer without compatibilities issues.

Use the latest release 1.5.080101 and re-install openemm in order to force Artica installing this new sendmail instance.
I think with this version you will be able to send your bulk mail trough OpenEMM

One new command line has been added
If you need to restart sendmail for OpenEmm do
Code: Select all
/etc.init.d/artica-postfix restart openemm-sendmail

Have fun ;)

2011-08-01_015807.png
2011-08-01_015807.png (55.68 KiB) Viewed 4319 times

2011-08-01_015846.png
2011-08-01_015846.png (40.03 KiB) Viewed 4319 times

Topic closed
admin
Site Admin