SMTP relay absolutely not working as it should be

discuss between artica users about howto use Artica.
This forum is not read by the Artica's developers.
Questions and answers are from the community..

SMTP relay absolutely not working as it should be

New postby blason » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 am

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to setup Artica SMTP in relay mode for last 3 weeks. Though I am able to install and configure in relay mode for my internal domain but donno what is going wrong. SPAMs are being sent to internal user same with viruses, I tried sending eicar test virus and crap that directly went. Here is my scenario and I am testing in my Test environment. I badly need help on setting up

mail.haha.net [172.16.3.10]=====>smtp.isn.in [192.168.1.50]<=====> mail.isn.in [192.168.1.51]

so domain haha.net is a foreign domain and on separate IP schema, smtp.isn.in is an Artica SMTP 1.7.0 and mail.isn.in is an mail server. smtp.isn.in is being used a mail relay for incoming as well as outgoing connection. Now when the mails sent from user@haha.net to user@isn.in, it is being forward even SPAM and Virus.

Now my query is

Does Amavisd-new hadles spamassassin and ClamAV?
    Spamassassin doesnt start, is it because Amavisd-new overrides?
    I am really not keen installing milter-greylist at this moment and would like to use spamassassin and ClamAV how do I do it?
    Where can I see the quarantine mails for my domain? I mean the mails are not being quarantined first :(
blason

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: CentOS
Technical skills: A Linux System Administrator

Return to Community tutorials