cannot login

SL is a Linux release put together by Fermilab, CERN, and various other labs and universities around the world. Its primary purpose is to reduce duplicated effort of the labs, and to have a common install base for the various experimenters.
The base SL distribution is basically Enterprise Linux, recompiled from source

cannot login

New postby hortimech » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:34 am

Hello again, thanks very much, I installed it last night, logged in and had a quick look round, logged out and went to bed. I now find that I cannot login, I get an error box containing:

<font color=ff0000><code style='font-size:12px'>
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /usr/share/artica-postfix/ressources/settings.inc on line 224
</code></font><br>

If I look at line 224 in /usr/share/artica-postfix/ressources/settings.inc, I find '$_GLOBAL["APACHE_MODULES_PATH"]="/usr/lib64/httpd/modules";' , there does not seem to be anything there but on the line above '$_GLOBAL["APACHE_RUN_USER"]="nouser" and "Group nogroup".";' there is an odd number of ' " '. If I try to alter this (to test) it just gets reset back to how I found it.

When I did the install I got loads of the same PHP warning:

PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /usr/share/artica-postfix/framework/class.unix.inc on line 2830 <-- there were many different line numbers

I do not think this has anything to do with my problem, but you never know.

Also during the install, it kept asking me if I wanted to uninstall Selinux, you cannot uninstall it from SL6 and I had already disabled it in /etc/sysconfig/selinux so I just kept saying no

Do you require any log files and if so which?
hortimech

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Ubuntu
Technical skills: A Linux System Administrator

Re: cannot login

New postby admin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:57 am

This problem occurs only on RedHat systems.
I was fixed in lastest nightly build
do
Code: Select all
/usr/share/artica-postfix/bin/artica-update --upgrade-nightly
admin
Site Admin

New postby hortimech » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:56 pm

I have reloaded the OS and updated again, but this time (after doing a google search) I loaded php first and then set 'date.timezone = "Europe/London" '. this stopped the PHP warnings.
I then reinstalled Artica and then carried out the update you suggested, I can login ok now.

two things that I noticed whilst installing Artica:

1) I got this message several times `/bin/chown: invalid user: `www-data:www-data'` : the httpd user on redhat and clones is 'apache'
2) I tried to install Zaraffa but got this:
Zarafa server:
2011/09/25 16:02:06| Warning: empty ACL: acl blockedsites url_regex "/etc/squid3/squid-block.acl"
squid: ERROR: No running copy
It would not install, I tried twice.

I was able to reset the main password, but after noticing that email notifications were not set, I tried to install msmtp by clicking the button, the install started but now appears to stuck on 3%:
Starting......: postfix Authentication mechanisms: LOGIN PLAIN
Starting......: postfix creating /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
Starting......: saslpasswd: /usr/sbin/saslpasswd2

I am sorry that I am being such a pain and am very thankful for all the help you are giving me :D
hortimech

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Ubuntu
Technical skills: A Linux System Administrator

New postby admin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:24 am

1) I got this message several times `/bin/chown: invalid user: `www-data:www-data'` : the httpd user on redhat and clones is 'apache'

Yes i will add a form to specify the apache username that must be used.

2) I tried to install Zaraffa but got this:

Hum... I think that zarafa is not supported for this plate-form.

2011/09/25 16:02:06| Warning: empty ACL: acl blockedsites url_regex "/etc/squid3/squid-block.acl"
squid: ERROR: No running copy

Artica has detected squid on your distro, remove it to delete this message.
admin
Site Admin

New postby admin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Apply the 4631 Patch for the wrong Apache account
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4625&p=21419#p21419
admin
Site Admin

Return to Scientific Linux