SUGARCRM [FIXED]

English part

SUGARCRM [FIXED]

New postby jamlydm » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:14 am

I installed SugarCRM in "Application Setup Center" in Artica.
After that i enter to the organization menú and sugarcrm. After i press: "Install Sugar CRM Website"

How can i continue with the installation?
How can i access to sugarcrm?

I have Artica 1.3.100518
jamlydm

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Debian
Technical skills: Microsoft Windows skills

Re: SUGARCRM

New postby admin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:25 am

You need to add a name server in the form like sugarcrm.mycompany.com after a link show you how to access to the website
admin
Site Admin

New postby jamlydm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:07 am

I edit the file /etc/bind/Bind9Zone.cenival.com.hosts:

$ttl 38400
@ IN SOA ns.cenival.com. hostmaster.cenival.com.(
38400 )
NS ns.cenival.com.
ns A 192.168.19.42
sugarcrm A 192.168.19.42

but i installed the last Artica Nightly Builds 1.3.100616 and this update overwrite the DNS Files "/etc/bind/Bind9Zone.cenival.com.hosts" and the reverse zone in "/etc/bind/19.168.192.arpa".

I changed it again after the update but i can't be changing the DNS and reverse file everytime that i update Artica. I have by default Automatic Artica Updates. What can i do to keep my DNS files without Artica overwrite to the Artica Predefined files?

I also change the files in: /etc/artica-postfix/settings/Daemons/

Bind9Zone.19.168.192.arpa.header
Bind9Zone.19.168.192.zone.arpa
Bind9Zone.cenival.com.footer
Bind9Zone.cenival.com.hosts
Bind9Zone.cenival.com.zone.hosts

But i tried to update the Artica Nightly Builds 1.3.100618 and again erase "/etc/bind/Bind9Zone.cenival.com.hosts" but the reverse zone keeps well "/etc/bind/19.168.192.arpa"

HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS... PLEASE
jamlydm

New postby admin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:37 am

you need simply to add a computer in artica and it will be automatically saved in DNS
admin
Site Admin

New postby jamlydm » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Yes that's right. I dit it and worked well.

I entered to the Menu "Organization -> Management -> Manage User and Groups -> Computers", i added a host name "crm.cenival.com" with the same ipaddress from my server. After that, I set the name server created in Menu "Organization -> Management -> SugarCRM".

Would you imagine that i was modifying the "/etc/bind". And it's easy from Artica. You should publish a document to explain that. Because the only I read, it doesn't explain that adding a computer automatically modify the DNS: http://artica.fr/index.php/menudocmessaging/38-smtp-routing/61-speed-up-postfix-dns-queries-with-bind9

The only well explained is dhcp in: http://artica.fr/index.php/artica-a-system/69-network/251-how-to-fix-computer-ip-addresses-for-dhcp-

You answered my previous question in:http://forum.artica.fr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1447

Thank you....

i'm exploring Sugar CRM right now.
I installed the language spanish. And it's great.
Sugar.JPG
Sugar.JPG (16.13 KiB) Viewed 20269 times

I'm learning a lot with your help...
Thank you very much...
jamlydm

New postby jamlydm » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:05 pm

I have 2 questions about SUGARCRM:

1. The Artica Admin password is the only exported to SugarCRM. Do i need to create another account and password to my users to enter to sugar? Could i set up SugarCRM to autenticate users to Ldap Artica?

2. How SugarCRM manage 2 domains? I would like that users from domain1 insert information about ther domain1 and users from domain2 insert information about domain2. Domain1 users don't see anything about domain2 users And domain2 users dont see anything about domain1 users.
jamlydm

New postby admin » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 am

The Artica Admin password is the only exported to SugarCRM. Do i need to create another account and password to my users to enter to sugar? Could i set up SugarCRM to autenticate users to Ldap Artica?

Users in Artica are exported too, and SugarCRM is linked to ldap database.

2. How SugarCRM manage 2 domains? I would like that users from domain1 insert information about ther domain1 and users from domain2 insert information about domain2. Domain1 users don't see anything about domain2 users And domain2 users dont see anything about domain1 users.

you need to create a new organization and build a new SugarCRM engine.
admin
Site Admin

New postby jamlydm » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm installing SugarCRM in my production mode. In a have an organization name "BV-CEN"

When i install the "SugarCRM Website" i received this error:
SugarCRM.JPG
SugarCRM.JPG (25.9 KiB) Viewed 20236 times

This error is becuase the caracter "-" in the name "BV-CEN" or is for other reason?
jamlydm

New postby jamlydm » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:39 pm

David

I tried in a test enviroment and its so, When you have an organization name that use "-" caracter in the name as "BV-CEN", doesnt accept as database Name.
I didit with only BV or CEN and its work fine.

My problem is the follow: In my production name i have "BV-CEN" so i decided to rename my organization but it doesnt work. clic rename in the parameters windows but it doesnt save.
renameOrganization.JPG
renameOrganization.JPG (30.94 KiB) Viewed 20235 times
jamlydm

New postby jamlydm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:15 am

David

Please Help Me.
Let's see the error. When i install sugarcrm my Organization name is "BV-CEN" and my main group in Artica ldap (group 1002) is "bv-cen_group". I think this configuration doesn't allow me to install the sugarcrm. I had a test enviroment with organization name "BVCEN" and it works perfect.

Please help me... to solve this.
jamlydm

Next

Return to Artica-postfix Forum