samba users and winbind [FIXED]

All about Artica managing samba daemons

samba users and winbind [FIXED]

New postby raul » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Im using artica as domain controller and join another samba as member server. I did that successfully but i cant list domain users with wbinfo -u and of course i cant login locally with winbind.
besides, i cant find computer account of member server in ldap database
raul

Re: samba users and winbind

New postby admin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm

you must use "administrator" has the domain admin user
admin
Site Admin

New postby raul » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:09 pm

No, join computer to domain using "administrator" account is impossible. I have to use root account.
I have tried my samba member server configuration with other samba domain controller and works perfectly.
may be is a problem with idmap configuration.
raul

New postby admin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:25 pm

The idmap settings in /etc/samba/smb.conf is not set by artica... perhaps you need to improve this section
admin
Site Admin

New postby raul » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:21 pm

How i can do that in Artica?

I did some changes in /etc/samba/smb.conf in idmap section but they don't appear in artica web interface, specifically in samba share engine/script
raul

New postby admin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:35 pm

specify changes you want to add in smb.conf, il will try provide to you a new version with them
admin
Site Admin

New postby jamlydm » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 am

I have a interesting error with samba and the vmware appliance 1.3.072000

When i log in the domain with an Xp PC, it shows me that Cant no syncronize the user with the domain, and create a tmp folder in C:\SisBolCeniv\ and doesn't create the user folder.

It was privilege error in the folder "/home/export" because only have read access, the profile folder inside is ok, the problem is /home/export.

Something that needs artica to improve is to use the Default user in the "Netlogon" Folder, to customise the users desktop, to colocate the My Documents in the local profile and the others folders in the server, this make faster the access to the domain. The actual setting is slow.

I would like to improve the polices settings, i search in the internet but i dont understand very well the steps to do it.

In my case i want to change the dhcp setting to a subnet but it doesn't function.
For example, mi dhcp acts in the net: 192.168.5.16 with subnet 255.255.255.240 and broadcast 192.168.5.31
But when i change the file dhcp.conf, it doesn't show the setting in artica web. Its the same case of samba and bind9.

I make changes and doesn't function. I Add a zone in dns but i want to delete and its imposible.

i need some help
jamlydm

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Debian
Technical skills: Microsoft Windows skills

New postby admin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:28 am

what distribution you using ?

It was privilege error in the folder "/home/export" because only have read access...

do a
Code: Select all
stat /home/export/(user folder)

Something that needs artica to improve is to use the Default user in the "Netlogon" Folder, to customise the users desktop...

what parameters you want to add ?

I would like to improve the polices settings,

What do you means about "policies"

In my case i want to change the dhcp setting to a subnet but it doesn't function.

Trough Artica interface ? what do you means about "does not working" ?

But when i change the file dhcp.conf, it doesn't show the setting in artica web.

All parameters stored for Artica are saved in LDAP database or in /etc/artica-postfix/settings/Daemon
Changing the target configuration file did not reflect settings in artica interface.
admin
Site Admin

New postby jamlydm » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:15 pm

In the las version Artica 1.3.102402, samba winbind is working well.
Please close this topic, its old and doesnt apply.
jamlydm

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Debian
Technical skills: Microsoft Windows skills

Return to Samba discuss