Installation problems [FIXED]

Here it is the category for questions about installing artica for postifx

Installation problems [FIXED]

New postby garaujo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello everyone, I hope everything is excellent, I am very interested in implementing ARTICA in several of our customers, however, I found some situations in our labs ... first probes with CentOS 5.5 ... setup-centos.tgz download and make the whole installation .. however ... I notice several problems, sometimes does not create the mailbox, sometimes it is dropped or postfix restart .. can not mount Zarafa using the control panel, gives an error that can not compile and ends unexpectedly, and more errors .. therefore decided to mount opensuse 10.3 and do everything again ... setup-suse.tgz and I find some of the same problems, and additional problems such as errors every time you use the DATE function .. saying it can not locate the timezone, Zarafa not be installed, etc. .. so I decided to download the ISO with debian, however, many of the above errors out, users can not be authenticated to an AD server ... the import of accounts is correct, but the mailboxes are created and not have the password... AD password does not work ...

I need to know what OS version are supported for CENTOS and SUSE ...have a client that want a Linux Mail Server to replace Exchange and i want to implement ARTICA in this client ... (Normally implement ZIMBRA)

There is some way of buying support for open-source version? There is some sort of training or online course that I can join?

Thanks in advance and congratulations for really good software ...
--

Ing. Gonzalo Araujo C
MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, ITIL, CISSP, C|EH, LPI
SLM Sistemas - Ingenio Virtual
http://www.slmsistemas.com
Colombia - Guatemala - Chile - Venezuela
garaujo

Artica servers number: 10
Linux System: CentOS
Technical skills: A Linux developper

Re: Installation problems

New postby admin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:43 pm

dear garaujo we are concern about your problem.
There is some issues about compiling zarafa trough artica, Zarafa needs mandatories requirement that sometimes is not met in some distributions.
CentOS and SuZe are supported and your problem must be fixed.
I will post in this topic a new version that allow you to install Zarafa version more easly.

There is a professional support :
ask your price requests here : commercial@artica-technology.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation problems

New postby admin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Dear

I come back to you in order to announce that the 1.4.091500 successfully support Zarafa installation on CentOS 5.5 and OpenSuSe 10.3
The Artica installation trough the setup center has been enhanced.
Now packages are pre-compiled and did not need to be compiled on these systems.

If you need to support others distributions and 64 Bits architecture, you can perform this procedure:
http://www.artica.fr/index.php/artica-a ... al-install

You need to upgrade your current version to a nightly build 1.4.091500 using this procedure :
http://www.artica.fr/index.php/get-a-do ... tly-build-

I'm closing this topic...
admin
Site Admin

Return to Installations discuss