How to HotSpot?

Here it is the category for questions about installing artica for postifx

How to HotSpot?

New postby hdavy2002 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:43 am

Hola again folks.

I am following a guide from herehttp://proxy-appliance.org/artica-for-proxy-appliance/the-proxy-appliance/manage-members/creating-splash-page-and-web-authentication/

I see that the examples have added local IP. I have added a public IP and even tried a domain name which is mapped to the same IP, which I tried before.

I get this response on my browser. I am not sure, if the guide is old or I am missing a step. Thanks in advance folks.

No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
hdavy2002

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Ubuntu
Technical skills: A newbee

Re: How to HotSpot?

New postby admin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:39 am

This is an old way to make the hotspot
There are new versions with hotspot that will be released with a full hotspot system.
admin
Site Admin

New postby hdavy2002 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 am

Thanks, is there any nightly build, I could try? I have been looking for ways to Reverse Captive Portal. I want to give proxy services to folks outside the US, so they can view US only content. My problem was how to authenticate them. Your software is giving me hopes. Since, I haven't tried the Hotpsot feature. I would like to ask this question.

lets say, I give proxy settings to user in Japan (mydomain.com:3128) and when that guy hit's my server/port. He gets redirected to an authentication portal. I am wondering, if this is how it works.

This is my current dilema. I am confused, if Artica Hotspot will only work for LAN users or will the Hotspot work on Squid port on the WAN side. I have one Dedicated server with one WAN port.

Thanks for understand.

cheers
hdavy2002

Artica servers number: 1
Linux System: Ubuntu
Technical skills: A newbee

New postby admin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:27 am

You need at least 2 network card to make the hotspot working.
I suggets to download ISOs after wednesday in order to test the new hotspot system.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Installations discuss